Friday, March 30, 2012

Weapons-- Take 1




The thing that makes gunner yuna so awesome, is her guns. So today was attempt one at guns. I just got back from an oral surgeon which was the main reason I gave up for the day. Two stitches in my gums :{.


I was trying to make these. The tutorial is here. I bought 16 mm press board (I guess that's what it's called) from home depot, and then 6mm and 3mm craft wood from Micheal's (which by the way is awesome cut! and that part is not sarcastic).


So we started out well. Cutting out the patterns as the instructions instructed. After we were done with each step, the pattern slowly got progressively smaller. (I am totally not showing off my mustang on purpose-- maybe the boyfriend though).


The main body of the gun got placed on the 16mm board, and then traced. I tried to do super dark lines in order to help the person using the saw (I wasn't allowed).


I don't know if you can tell in this photo, but these are the two guns traced on the piece of board. The board was steadied with clamps so that we could begin the sawing!


This is my wonderful mother carving out some of the smaller pieces with her little scroll saw. I wasn't allowed to use them because I just got out of the oral surgeons and apparently am a little weird. Psh! At least I may get some saw time with my staff...


I stacked up a couple of the pieces as we went so that you could get a good view of the gun's building, as the pieces were coming hot off the press.


A bunch of the pieces waiting to be sanded. Have I ever mentioned how much I love my camera?


Me, my boyfriend, and daddy all sanded the pieces. Yuri is totally a perfectionist when it comes to these things.


The reason why this is part one is because, even though they were all done to pattern, there was just too much human error, and not all the pieces fit perfectly together. Working on the sanding is pain staking. :{ (If anyone has an automatic sander, I would LOVE to barrow it). It's also incredibly cold outside and I'm an 110 pound wimp. :}


Part one has been stored in a box in my closet, and it will be picked up soon... maybe even tonight-- if i can find a space heater. :D Happy Cosplay!

No comments:

Post a Comment