Tuesday, March 27, 2012

WIG-gle, WIG-gle, WIG-gle, WIG-gle, WIG-gle, YEAH!!

So I've narrowed down my possibilities for wigs. I've been doing my darndest to find one that would have the same brown-blonde-silver quality Paine's hair has, and not be suuuper expensive, and this is what I came up with...

STILL LOOKING, THOUGH. If I can find a better one, these are going out the window.



Option 1:

This is a kind of long wig, which would be good for me since I need to cut it to the specific size I want. Paine's hair is kind of longish in the back, and since her hair goes so tall, the top section is pretty long, too. Plus, there are TONS of this same wig on eBay, so availability is not an issue.

Price: ~$17.00 USD


Option 2:

This one is a little darker, and a little browner, which I think might actually suit Paine better. Also seems like it would spike easily, which is incredibly important. I'm just not sure if it is too short for the length and height of her fauxhawk.

Price: ~$18.00 USD


Option 3:

My biggest concern with this one is that it may not be thick enough or long enough, but I'd need a second opinion. I just wish that there were more pictures of this particular one, so I could maybe gauge the thickness a little better. The color isn't PERFECT, but it's not bad.

Price: ~$25.00 USD


Option 4:

This one seems like the color is pretty darn close, but I'm not sure if the length is enough. Also don't know if it comes in layers or if it was cut into layers for the photo. I do know it was styled, but I'm not sure how. This one also looks like it's pretty high quality, ESPECIALLY for the price. Looks pretty natural compared to lots of wigs, and pretty thick, too.

Price: ~$17.00 USD


Option 5:

This one has length everywhere, which I love for its versatility. Just not quite sure about the thickness, and I don't know if the color is quite warm enough for it to leave the realm of plain gray and come closer to Paine's haircolor.

Price: ~$20.00 USD


Option 6:

This one looks a bit lighter than the rest, which I think is okay because of how Paine's color looks compared to it. Just don't know how well it would spike.

Price: ~$16.00 USD





2 comments:

  1. One of the problems with Styling a wig found on ebay is making sure the wig cap does not show. The hair wefts are sown in just enough to cover the cap for that particular hairstyle. You may need to sow in more wefts to be on the safe side.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sewing in wefts is a pain in the ass.

    ReplyDelete