Sunday, March 25, 2012

No Paine, no gain.


Welp… they always say "go big or go home"… soooo… for my VERY first cosplay… I'm going BIG, guys.

It's me, Niki- this year's Paine for our Otakon group. I'm extremely nervous… buuuuut equally excited. I cannot WAIT to start. It can only be great.

The thing about Paine and her costume is that… well… there are a lot of little things. Little… skin-tight things… ohhhhh, goodness. Yes, yes, and lots and lots of pleather will also be involved here. I broke her entire costume down so I could process it all mentally, and it seems like a lot. But I'm so ready to start it.





Necklace:
Leather studded collar
Barbed wire + pendant necklace

Cloak:
Pleather cloak (material by yd)
Metal/mirror studs
Broach

Shorts:
Black leather shorts (could be cut-off pleather pants)
Two buckles for slit-sides

Thigh-highs:
Black pleather thigh-highs (could be cut pleather leggings)
Three buckles for slit-sides
Red connector straps with metal ornament studs

Boots:
Leather/possibly vinyl boots (either simple flat boots or slight heel [comfort!])
Studded ankle straps

Belts:
Buckle belt under ribs
Circle belt under belly button
Skull belt on waist
Wheel belt on hips (need wheels and red cord, possibly red pleather)

Randoms:
Black leather/pleather elbow-length gloves
Red pleather suspenders
Pinkish-red contacts
Brown-gray wig
Silver stud earrings

Well, friends... wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment