Sunday, April 1, 2012

ToNs Of UpDaTeS!


There is so much to talk about guys! Cosplay wise we have added a Rikku, and an Elma (They came as a pair and I couldn't separate them ;] That was a joke, I promise). I have done tons of sanding as well as filling in with the guns. The head of my staff was cut out-- UGH! So much. I'll just walk you through it.

Rikku as Gabby H.
and
Elma as Niki's little sister, Anna I.


They're both awesome people. We're trying to figure out how to make both of their costumes the most cost efficient, because they're both-- well you know-- high schoolers-- and they're both sweet as georgia peaches. Now back to Yuna!

Me, acting all suave, blowing the dust off my guns and picking them up to begin working again. I totally want to take a pic like this when they're all done. :}

These are them, with a drawn on trigger, taped together with some great painters tape. As you can tell, they needed to be sanded, badly, and there are a few gabs between some of the different pieces that shouldn't be there. They should fit SNUGLY.


So, i bought some of this from the store, to repair some of the human error. It's stainable and paintable, and i figured it would have a more woody texture as opposed to something like clay. I wanted it to look like a solid piece after painting, and this helped to put together the cracks.


Me and Yuri (who was my helper throughout this whole thing-- and I THANK him for it profusely), used this dremel to help with the sanding part of the repair work. We took turns, diligently sanding. I tried to make the edges beveled so that the gun would have a more three dimensional shape, and look less like a bunch of wood pieces glued together.


Put the wood filler on, in great excess. And left both guns to dry propped up on the paint bottle which will soon be giving it it's life <3 They dried overnight,


And then we went back to sanding. Now the guns are on standby, as my mom attempts to figure out a method to cut out the trigger hole, as well as the "wheel" (as i call it), on the back. After that, they will be going back to being sanded-- which I am TOTALLY starting to resent.


With the guns on standby, we went to something else. This is actually a small version of the cut out. We went to kinkos in the middle of the night to get it blown up and re-sized, but they were going to charge us 15 dollars just for a blow up, which seemed ridiculous! Thankfully, with a little bit of Yuri's help, and some computer software, we ultimately got it blown up and printed on our own.


This is a picture of the two side by side. The stencil was cut out as well. The blue part, I was going to do by using probably some 8mm wood(?). I think that the wood for the staff head was about 16mm? Maybe just a little bit bigger. I was just going to paint it blue and then glue it on, we will see how things go.


My mom surprised me by cutting out my staff head while I was at work :}. It still needs more-- Sanding-- shivers-- but it's an overall awesome look, and it will be getting spray painted with multiple shades of gold, as well as some more surprises you followers are just going to have to wait and see!

As always, I will keep ya'll posted as more progressions are made on my costumes, as well as making some sort of, these are the things i still need lists (which is mostly small things, so i'm not too worried about it.)

Happy Cosplay! :D

1 comment: