Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Wigs for one, and wigs for all!

Today, I tried on like seventeen wigs seemingly. (actually it was only three and you'll see them all below. We got our Yuna X-2, Yuna X, Paine, and Rikku wig from a website called cosplayandwigs.com which i really recommend for group cosplayers because they gave my group a discount <3.

First-- we did our hair. I find that the easiest way to do under wig hair for long hair is to do two french braids, and plan on teaching all the cosplayers similarly.


So, let's start off with Yuna (because that's me!!!)


Two wigs, $30 each from that cosplay and wig shop that I mentioned previously! :D The one on the left is Yuna from X,  and the one on the right is Yuna from X-2, which I will be using for the group shots.


So Yuna A, and Yuna B. The one on the left almost feels natural on my head while the right does not. :{ It's not so unbelievely tight that it hurts obnoxiously though, last year i wore the giant hoops on my head which I think hurt more than any short brown wig can. Also in the picture on the right, you can see my hair line. Considering I have brown hair, this isn't the largest deal, but i can see it, which annoys me.



So, naturally me and Paine posed a little bit. I was thinking of maybe using some sort of temporary hair lightener on my hair line so that it does look more natural. I don't know though. Everyone else doesn't thinks it's a big deal.



Niki right here, is showing the admiration of her beautiful wig. So on to paine! This is her, just styling it mostly with her fingers to get the wig to perk up in the manner that it needed to. She'll be doing more styling, and posting her own posts describing this styling. So stay tuned! :D


Rapunzel, Rapunzel, let down your long hair.

Oh wait, you're not Rapunzel! Dx Paine, gtfo. Because Rikku hasn't been able to get over to try on her wig, I did it for her to make sure that nothing was abnormal, etc, and to figure out how to properly connect this little pig tail that paine is sporting oh so beautifully.


The wig company that we bought the wigs from connected the hair for the excess pony tail to this giant clip thing. And at first, this made me scared cause I had no idea how I was going to connect this to Rikku's wig. (which is a normal short blonde thing).



The wig itself is also really thick, just like all the rest, which made the pony tail surprisingly easy to attach. we used the braids, and a little bit of the pony tail to cover up the clip.



Shuyin's wig is complicated. Matt wants it to look like this, but it doesn't at the moment. So his wig is going under construction, with beautiful artist Niki at his side. He will also post progress later. (I hope).


So here are the three wigs. We really need to get better at posing with each other <<;

Happy Cosplay! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment