Tuesday, May 22, 2012

A little less, but more than it was :D Yuna from X


Well, as promised. Here's the update on final fantasy X :D Whilst I am watching DBZ. Forgive me, because it is 5am here, and I am very sleepy, and however unenthusiastic i may sound, i promise that that is just my exhaustion :D


The Bow

Mom just about killed me for the perfectionism that revolved this bow. It was made 3 times? Maybe four. The first time it was too pointy, the second time it was too floppy, the third time i don't really remember, but this is the fourth attempt.

Granted, this bow isn't actually perfected nor sewed together, because it's still awaiting embroidery. However, until then this bow will remain pinned together. Speaking of embroidery, i was thinking of using a pansy as the flower part inspiration










Something like this possibly? Less detailed and obviously smaller. For the leaves however, we're probably going to do most of it by hand. Placing the flowers with the embroidery sewing machine, and then connecting them with green thread with the normal sewing machine. I hope that makes sense. This is one example of an already embroidered obi, and i hope to turn mine into something like this one. No idea how to do the hibachi flower, or the circular pie pieces in the middle, or the faded petals... However, We'll try our hardest! And I think that it should work.

The Skirt


As you can see, the skirt's pleats have been ironed in. We're (me and mommy) having a hard time keeping them there. But we're going to wait till we get the embroidery into the skirt before we try drastically to force the suckers to stay in. 

Thinking of a couple different flowers for the embroidery on the skirt. Here is an example of what the flowers look like. As you can see, they're kind of stars. Thinking of using something like these, they're called Bauhinia. I'm also thinking of maybe using pointy Cherry blossoms.

I guess we'll see what happens, either way, i know it'll turn out amazing, especially considering these little details are going into it <3 I think this is one of the things I love the most about cosplay.

Things I have left to do:
Hibachi flower
Staff + Staff head (If you have a lazer saw, totally hit me up for a commish)
Fixing minor details on the sleeves that aren't really pictured here (ribbon, beads)
Embroidery obviously
Trying to get the pleats to stay
Um, uh, everything else :D

Until the finish, I'll keep ya'll posted. :D Happy Cosplay! 

No comments:

Post a Comment