Sunday, April 8, 2012

Much adieu about guns...


There are 110 days till otakon and my guns are still not done!

So, every weekend for a couple of weekends, I've spent slaving over theses guns. The main problem is, i keep making corrections <<;


So as I said previously, I didn't like the color gold on the forks. So I sanded all of them down, and got most of the polish off. I then, took a wet rag to remove any of the sawdust so that they would indeed be ready for a good painting.
I used this kind of spray paint, the rust-oleum metallic in gold. I was hoping to get a more metal looking sheen on them, and less of the christmasy, glittery, yucky color that they were previously


Spray painted them as they were done before...and i haven't taken a picture of them dry. Sorry. I also made the little encasing on the top of the gun, cut it with a scroll saw, and it's in the filing stage.


Re-sanded these to fit along the barrel of the gun. It was a pain in the ass and took some of yuri's patience, but as you can see, we got through it.


Then I repainted them as well. I also bought some screws to put into both these and the gold parts, when i finally get the whole picture going. Eheh. One question that I have is do you think that the guns, forks, grips, and any other pieces should be sprayed with a resin gloss? 

Thanks for your input and feel free to subscribe! Happy Cosplay :D.

1 comment:

  1. I would test to see how the resin gloss looks on something else first! Like find some scrap pieces, and spray paint them with the same colors you did the parts of the gun, then use the resin gloss on it, and see how it looks. It sounds like a good idea in theory, but i'd say test it first to make sure you like the look!

    ReplyDelete