Monday, August 20, 2012

Final Fantasy x-2 recap


The x-2 costume was really fun and easy to wear. Making it was another story. Make-up was messed up in most of these pictures so excuse the fact i haven't had time to learn how to use photoshop and edit them... Lol. It was hot, and i was sweating.



The earring I reused from the x costume. The wig I ordered from cosplayandwig.com and had to put another layer of extensions in it because of everything listed in the yuna x post. I thought flipping it up would be easy but I should've done it before the day of the con because just using gel wasn't good enough.



The hood pattern we stole off of an old cape pattern that we had laying around and then altered it for size after it was on there. Bought a little snap to keep it onto my neck and then attached the tail to it.The tail I dyed when we were doing some of the rikku costume scarf stuff. I just stuck part of the canvas into the red dye and splashed it up with my gloved hand to make the gradient and then sewed it into a little pocket.



I hacked a pony tail sized extension off and folded it in half and put a rubber band around it and then electrical taped it to the tail itself. This was covered with the canvas and then tied with a piece of black string I had lying around. The actual tail was made out of a thick rope cut to size and a red ribbon. My friend braided it for me (because I got frustrated) off of a YouTube video.



The shirt I made by making pretty much a normal halter shirt and cutting a giant triangle down it. We then cut off the bottom piece from about the breasts down and sewed a ribbed material to it to give the illusion of a skinnier waist (cause what girl doesn't want that?) The zanarkand symbol was made with hot glue. We cut a triangle the size of the one in the shirt and drew the symbol to this scale. My boyfriend put a giant thick layer of hot glue built up on top of where the symbol would be and then we shaped it and smoothed it with a sodering iron and a scalpel. Painted it with black leather paint.



The shorts were just some short booty shorts that i got from jcpenny for like $13 bucks. The bag was made from a scrap of vinyl found at some fabric store because i couldn't find a suede piece the right color. It's tassels were actually a ribbon that i found at joannes. The silver things on the bag were pre-packaged at jo annes, but we drilled two little holes in them so that we could fasten the little turquoise bead. Then we cut off the bottom of some brads and glued those on the bag for the little buttons.



The skirt was made from a simple gradient die. Each strand (for the tie) is a piece of the same colored piece of fabric folded over with a zig zag stitch over top of it. Then we added lace to the white part of the bottom of each layer of the skirt. The boots were just boots i got from target, they happened to have a little strap over them but i figured it wasn't that big of a difference. :S



Then the guns... Lol. Guns were made out of wood. They were annoying. Azure found a tutorial on how to make them, and it basically consisted of finding a picture like this. I cut apart each piece separately and then my mom cut them all out (cause i shouldn't be allowed around power tools). We sanded a whole lot, and painted them :D. The designs on the side were just done with sharpie.

I think that's everything... ;>> if you need any help with anything and want to copy me on anything, feel free to message me on facebook (Sugar Blossom Cosplay) or shoot me an e-mail at Acronymsoup66@gmail.com.










Happy Cosplay! :D and here are some group pics to follow up the mini tutorial.








Feature Wakka and Tidus


Featuring Auron


Featuring cast of X and X-2. 

If you have any questions of any of the other characters in my group... Rikku, Paine, Gippal, Elma... I would be glad to get you in contact with the cosplayers, or i probably know myself. :D So feel free to message! :D 




No comments:

Post a Comment